Mentoring Minds joined the Curriculum Associates family in 2021!
This new partnership will give us the scale and resources to further improve our product offerings and ultimately reach more students with ThinkUp! and the 9 Traits of Critical Thinking™. Read more about this exciting announcement here.
Below are a few answers to questions you may have... Browse the article or select your question topic to jump to that section.
Why is Mentoring Minds merging with Curriculum Associates?
Curriculum Associates (creator of the i-Ready program) and Mentoring Minds share a core commitment to serving educators and supporting students. Both Curriculum Associates and Mentoring Minds are educator-founded and deeply committed to service, putting the needs of students and educators first. Ultimately, it is the fundamental similarity in our values that convinced both teams that this was the right partnership.
Will there be any changes to Mentoring Minds’ products?
We are doing our best to minimize disruptions to students and educators during the school year, but there will be changes to our product offerings over time as we better align to Curriculum Associates' road map and teams.
- ThinkUp! in print and digital remains available for North Carolina and Texas. There are no longer minimum quantities or required ratios for the purchase of Teacher Editions. TEs are $30 each.
- Digital ThinkUp! customers in Texas and North Carolina will have access to fillable PDFs of ThinkUp! for all grade levels and languages for each subject purchased + access to additional content in the Teacher Toolbox for Math and ELA/Reading.
- Digital customers can also pair ThinkUp! with i-Ready* for a robust suite of assessments, instructional resources, and reporting to address the rigor of the standards and state assessments.
*i-Ready purchase requires a professional development investment.
- ThinkUp! for CCSS and Georgia have been retired and will no longer be available for the 2022-23 school year.
- The Mentoring Minds Resource Library (our mobile app) retired from app stores on December 1, 2021.
- Mentoring Minds Educator Resources are being evaluated, and some will likely be retired in print by 2023.
Will this change the way Mentoring Minds does business?
In terms of commitment to students and teachers, it doesn’t. But a few things will change administratively over the coming months.
- Email address domains transitioned in late 2021, so please make sure to whitelist @cainc.com domain with your campus or district IT. Emails sent to @mentoringminds.com will still forward to our new email addresses, but replies will almost always come from @cainc.com accounts.
- The mentoringminds.com domain will remain active for now, but we will be transitioning our web content to curriculumassociates.com by the end of year. This transition will be gradual and we'll provide helpful redirect information.
- Mentoring Minds social media will also transition to Curriculum Associates accounts by 2023.
As of December 10, 2021, purchasing on our website is no longer supported. Don't worry, we still have plenty of options.
- Contact your Account Executive for purchasing questions, quotes, and orders.
- Go here to download a quote request form. Once completed, return to your Account Executive.
- Completed purchase orders (and accompanying quotes) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find select Educator Resources on our Amazon storefront.
- Call 800-585-5258 to place credit card orders over the phone.
Not sure who your Account Executive is? Chat with us to find out.
Invoices will be issued by Curriculum Associates as of January 1, 2022. Please ensure that your Purchase Order reflects this change to expedite the ordering and billing process.
- Curriculum Associates’ Accounts Receivable team will be processing all customer payments for Mentoring Minds. There will be no changes to your payment terms.
- Additional communications was provided with our new corporate address, banking and remittance details, information on how to sign up for electronic invoice delivery, as well as contact information to assist you with any questions.
- In addition, if we do not already have your sales tax exemption information, we will be contacting you shortly to provide an exemption certificate for our records.
Who will manage and support customers’ accounts?
Customer support remains a top priority. Customers should continue to contact their existing sales or customer success representatives. Our expanded Mentoring Minds + Curriculum Associates team is doing our best to minimize disruptions to students and educators during the school year.
Still have questions? Chat with ThinkBot!